Family members are termed secondary members. They are managed by the primary member and can be added only by this member. You must add each family member one at a time but first you need to decide whether they need their own login page.
Add a secondary member
1. Go to the Birds SA website, click "Member Login" tab to go to the new login page.
2. CLICK the SECONDARY MEMBERS tab.
Before adding family members consider:
- 18 years and older - can have their own email address should the primary member wish (Please note, only one printed copy of our publications will go to the primary member).
- Under 18 years - leave blank as Birds SA does not support email addresses for under aged children
- Relationship - partner, child or dependent options
- Still want to add a secondary member
4. Once you have completed and saved your secondary member details, click SAVE.
5. You can see all secondary members in your group membership listed below your membership card. Click the arrow to view their details.
6. REPEAT this process for each family member you wish to add.
Login Details for a Secondary Member
If your membership organisation allows, the Primary Member can dictate if their Secondary Members will have their own login access to their membership details.
To give your Secondary Member a login, you will need to complete the Username field in the Secondary Member form. This will trigger an email to be sent to the Secondary Member with a link to create their password.
If a Secondary Member has login access, they will see only their own details and membership card. Only the primary member can see the details of all members in the group.
A Secondary Member with login access will also have access to the mobile app and all of its functions.
Editing Secondary Member Details
A Primary Member can edit the details of their Secondary Members in the members area.
To do this, click the arrow next to the name of the Secondary Member you would like to edit.
Click the icon next to the field you would like to edit, and update the information required. Once you have completed your editing, click Save.
A Secondary Member that has login access can also edit their own information in their membership area.
Deleting A Secondary Member
A Primary Member can delete one of the Secondary Members in their membership group by clicking the arrow next to the Secondary Members name, and scrolling down to the bottom of their information.
Select the delete icon from the "Delete Secondary Member" field and confirm.
Deleting a member will allow another Secondary Member to be added to the membership group in its place.
Adding A Profile Picture
A Primary Member can add a profile picture for the Secondary Members. Secondary Members with login access can also upload their own profile pictures in the membership administration area.
To do this, click on the edit icon next to the profile picture field, and upload your file.
Note: Once a profile picture has been added, it can not be removed. It can only be updated.
The profile picture will be visible on the members profile on the mobile app, and it is possible to add them as a field on custom designed membership cards (all custom membership cards incur a developer fee).