How to Get Started in Member Jungle (All members)
All new and existing members are welcomed to the new membership system of Birds SA.
It's powered by the "Member Jungle" commercial software and has some great 'easy to use' features to help you manage your membership.
What do you want to do?
What are the differences between the old system and Member Jungle?
- The email address that is currently registered with Birds SA, and we used to send you enewletters - that email address will be used as your username in Member Jungle.
- When you login for the first time using your email username, you will need to reset your password to access Member Jungle as described in dot point 2 below.
- You can manage your membership details and payments yourself using a computer, laptop or Member Jungle app on mobile devices.
- Members with family memberships (primary members) will need to log into their profile and add the names of their additional family members (secondary members).
- Your membership information will now show the expiry date.
- Membership fees have increased and are presented differently but are essentially the same fee structure.
- By default, you can pay by annual credit card payments via the Member Jungle gateway by entering card information each year like normal online shopping. You can continue to have your payment auto-renewing each year like the current system.
- If you require manual payment types(referred to as Manual Pay), we offer cash, cheque, direct deposit to Birds SA bank account and/or credit/direct debit card.You enter your information each time you renew your membership.
- Member Jungle will store details of all payments you make in the new system, from 01 December 2022. Earlier payment history will be stored offline.
- Automatic renewal notices with tax invoice will be mailed to all members at 28 days, 14 days and 2 days before the expiry date and 90 days after the expiry date.
- If a membership is expired for longer than 90 days, your membership is cancelled. You will need to rejoin.
All existing members and new members must reset their password to access the new system.
To access your account in the new system:
1. Go to the Birds SA website, click "Member Login" tab to go to the new login page.
2. To reset your password, go to the Members Login page, enter your new username by typing your email address - the one you already use with your Birds SA eNews. (Remember, your email address is your new username).
3. Click on "Forgot Your Password?" to reset your password as shown below.
4. Enter your new username, that is, your email address. If you can't remember it, go to your personal email account where you receive eNews from Birds SA. Also, we sent an email recently about the new membership system. You don't have an email address, please contact the Membership Team.
5. Enter your email address
Please note, your email address is entered twice just this once as it is your new username and your actual email address to send the email in 7 below.
6. Click RESET PASSWORD button and a message in a green box will appear on your screen as shown below. .
Please note, you can re-use your old password as a last resort, but it's best to change passwords from time to time for security reasons. Remember to write down or save in a password safe/locker.
7. Go to your email inbox where you will see an email from Birds SA about resetting your password.
8. Click on follow this unique link and follow the instructions to reset your password in the new system. (Note, you can re-use your old password as a last resort, but it's best to change passwords from time to time.)
9. Follow prompts as shown below, change your password, write it down or record it in a password locker/safe, confirm it and click UPDATE PASSWORD
10. Click Login button to bring up the Members Login page and log into your membership area.
Please note, you may be asked to verify that you are a person by selecting images requested as shown below. Click on the images to select the types of images requested.
11. Once you login, your new member profile will display as shown below. It has six tabs. They are:
- My Account - displays all your contact details as the primary member. You can view your details (if you need to edit your details then go to My Memberships tab below), email preferences and the latest issue of The Birder and the SA Ornithologist
- My Memberships - displays your contact details, membership card and more details about family memberships and adding family members (secondary memberships)
- My Payments - displays payment type and payment history.
- My Events (Not currently in use)
- My Orders (Not currently in use)
- My Listings (not current in use)
You also have the option to mute eNews. Please note, all other notifications like renewal reminders will be sent - it is only muting eNews if you click it. The member can unmute these at any time.
11(a). My Account
My Account is used to view your membership details only. Ignore the REVIEW AND EDIT MY DETAILS. You can edit your details under My Memberships tab below.
When editing, please follow our standards for mailing purposes. Please Do not use all lower case or all uppercase for everything.
- First names, last names, street names - Proper case for proper nouns, that is, the first letter is a capital and the remaining letters are lower case, e.g., John Citizen.
- Addresses - PO Box
- City/suburb - all UPPER CASE, e.g., NEW YORK, GLENELG
- Mobile number - 10 digits for Australia, no spaces, no country code unless outside of Australia, e.g., 0429888777 or 1429888777 (international)
- Phone number - (landline) no area code for SA (8 digits - 82221111), area code for all other Australian states and territories (10 digits), e.g., 0282221111
- Alternate contact number - use a mobile or landline, if needed
Please note, you cannot edit critical email notifications and publications information.
11(b). My Membership
This tab is used to summarise the contact details of the primary member, profile picture, current membership (including membership card and membership details), secondary members of a family membership only and past payments.
Members with a family membership will notice that their family members are not listed in the VIEW MEMBERSHIP DETAILS button. Birds SA leaves decisions about listing family members with the primary member of the family group.
To add a secondary member of a family membership, you will see + ADD SECONDARY MEMBER button. But first consider the following:
- 18 years and older - can have their own email address should the primary member wish (Please note, only one printed copy of our publications will go to the primary member).
- Under 18 years - leave blank as Birds SA does not support email addresses for under aged children
- Relationship - partner, child or dependent options
- Still want to add a secondary member
All existing members who have joined or renewed their membership before 1st December will not see any payment listed under Past Payments. Members who pay their membership after this date will have that payment listed as the first entry of your payment history. If you have a query about a past payment, please contact us.
12(c). My Payments
In the My Payments Tab, members can view or update their payment method for membership subscriptions and other payments (currently not in use).
Members are given the option to store their details with every transaction and are required to save them for all auto-renewing. If using Member Jungle for the first time, you must set your payment method for membership renewal.
You can pay your membership using any of these methods:
- Visa or Mastercard credit card (auto renew each year by saving the card details or don't save to avoid auto renewal)
- Visa or Mastercard direct debit card (auto renew each year by saving the card details or don't save to avoid auto renewal)
- Bank deposit to Birds SA account (the bank details are provided on the Invoice sent with the renewal email)
BIrds SA prefers auto renewal or direct entry of credit or debit card details. Memberships paid via cash and bank deposits can take up to a month to process at the end of each month.
Member Jungle allows you to process online payments for membership, events and the online store. Our payment gateway is powered by the Stripe Connect gateway (the same one as the old system) and is completely PCI compliant, which means that no credit card information is ever stored on your own site and all payment data is secure.