Become a Member
Thank you for joining Birds SA!
Birds SA has the largest membership of any environmental non-government organisation in SA. You too can join to receive the full benefits of becoming a member.
As a member of Birds SA you will receive:
- Online access to South Australian Ornithologist scientific journal
- Online access to The Birder – our popular magazine published 4 times a year
- Regular e-News notices and updates via email between publications
- Speaker, information sessions and social greetings at monthly General Meetings
- Three birding outings with experienced birders every month
- Option to purchase a printed version of the journal and magazine
|Individual Online: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$50||online access to The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Individual Print: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$80||online access and printed copies of The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Student Online: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$10||online access to The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Student Print: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$40||online access and printed copies of The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Honorary||Free||online access and printed copies of The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Family Online: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$60||online access to The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|Family Print: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$90||online access and printed copies of The Birder and SA Ornithologist|
|South Australian Ornithologist: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$50||online access and printed copies of 2 issues annually at time of publication|
|The Birder Magazine: Auto-Renew/Manual Pay||$50||online access and printed copies of 4 issues annually at time of publication|
Memberships payments can be either auto-renewing (Auto-Renew) or paid manually by you entering the payment information for each time you renew your membership (Manual Pay).
- Credit/direct debit card information is stored by Member Jungle payment gateway via Stripe. Please note, cash, cheques or direct deposit are not accepted for auto-renew payments.
- Once the member chooses the membership subscription to sign-up for they will see a screen outlining the subscription payment schedule and terms. These must be accepted to continue.
- On the payment screen the member will need to enter their details and click confirm. This will store their card against their account in readiness for when the subscription automatically renews. "Store my payment details" is greyed out to ensure the card details are saved. This is not optional. (Please note, the cash, cheque, direct deposit and even credit/debit card are types of payments are Manual Pay methods described below).
- Members can manage their payment details by logging in to the admin area and going to the My Payments tab (see below)
- Each year, members will receive emails reminding them of their upcoming auto-renewal. Each time, members must accept the Terms and Conditions as shown above.
- Members can edit the card information or cancel auto-renewal and replace it with a Manual Pay option if needed.
- Payment security in Member Jungle's payment gateway is robust (see under My Payments at the bottom of this page)
- Credit/Direct Debit Card - a new payment for members who enter the card information (Name, Card Number, Expiry Date, CCV) which can be saved for next time. Saving your card information does not make it an auto-renew payment. Please note, direct deposit, cheque or cash (i.e., manual payments) are not accepted for Library Institutions and Organisation subscriptions.
- Direct Deposit - bank transfer to BSB 015208, Account 405952042 made online or by visiting your local branch. If visiting your local branch, include your last name and post code.
- Cheque - mailed to Treasurer, Birds Sa, C/- South Australian Museum, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
- Cash - taken at meetings, events and field outings.
New memberships are processed as shown below.
How To Join
|STEPS||1. Read the steps below before registering to become a member.|
2. To register, click the Join Today button.
3. Next choose your Membership Level (Single, Family, Student) and the type of subscription (Online or Print) within each level and then click REGISTER.
Membership fees are listed by clicking Member Fees. Please note, Birds SA prefers auto-renew payment or credit/direct debit card Manual Pay(ment). This is a new method of payment offerred by for Birds SA. It is a 'once-off' credit or debit card payment where the card information is entered to renew your membership. To save you entering every renewal, to can save the card information. If you don't wish to have automatic renewal of your membership, then choose a Manual Pay subscription and select the Credit/Debit Card option during the checkout process (see 7. below).
4. Fill out the form, agree to Birds SA policies and click SUBMIT. Please note:
When adding your personal information, please follow our standards for mailing purposes. Please Do Not use all lower case or all uppercase for everything.
5. You will next be shown the donation options for donations to the Conservation Fund. They are $10, $25, $50, and $200.
Please note you can click combinations of donations to make different amounts (e.g., $10 x 2 = $20, $200 x 5 = $1,000).
If you wish to contribute another amount, please email by the Treasurer.
Donations go towards studies on bird species, their habitats and conservation. Calls for the application of conservation research grants are made in March and September each year. To read more click here.
If you wish to make a donation, make it or proceed immediately by clicking CHECKOUT.
6. Now, choose your payment method, accept the terms and conditions and click NEXT. Below is a Manual Pay payment method.
Recall the membership fees and payment methods are described above.
Please note, Manual Pay memberships paid via cash at a meeting, cheque posted to Birds SA and bank deposits to a Birds SA account can take longer to process. Cash and cheques can take up to a month to process and create considerable extra work for the Treasurer.
If you choose Auto-Renew payment method as shown below, please select Credit/Debit Card. [We currently have a ticket with Member Jungle developers to remove the Manual Pay options out of Auto-Renew window and fix the text to reflect the auto-renew payment.]
When you choose Credit/Debit Card, the card information is entered and it card be stored for future Manual Pay renewals, if required as shown below. This does not happen for other Manual Pay payment methods.
Please note, for Auto-Renew payments your card information is automatically saved to enable renewals to happen automatically.
7. At the end, you will receive a notice saying an administrator will approve your registration and can log out of the website.
8. You will also receive email saying the same.
9. You will receive a receipt of payment via email (see example)
10. In a few days, you will receive an email approving registration. Once this happens you can log in to your member profile.
|11. Once you login, your new member profile will display as shown below. It has six tabs.
My Account is used to view your membership details only. Ignore the REVIEW AND EDIT MY DETAILS. You can edit your details under My Memberships tab below.
When editing, please follow our standards for mailing purposes. Please Do Not use all lower case or all uppercase for everything.
Please note, you cannot edit critical email notifications and publications information.
This tab is used to summarise the contact details of the primary member, profile picture, current membership (including membership card and membership details), secondary members of a family membership only and past payments.
Members with a family membership will notice that their family members are not listed in the View membership details button. Birds SA leaves decisions about listing family members with the primary member of the family group.
To add a secondary member of a family membership, you will see + ADD SECONDARY MEMBER button. But first consider the following:
The new membership system does not record historical payments. All existing members who have joined or renewed their 2022/23 membership before 1st December 2022 will not see any payment listed under Past Payments. Members who pay their membership after this date will have that payment listed as the first entry of your payment history. If you have a query about a past payment, please contact us.
In the My Payments Tab, members can view or update their card information for membership subscriptions and other payments.
Payment information displays card information.
Payment security is robust. Member Jungle allows you to process online payments for membership, events and the online store. Our payment gateway is powered by the Stripe Connect gateway and is completely PCI compliant, which means that no credit card information is ever stored on your own site and all payment data is secure.